Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Post #9

Laney

   Me and my mam got Laney, our dog, a little more than a year ago. She was found as a stray in Reno, and the animal shelter took her in. We got her at a fundraiser in Squaw Valley where the shelter was trying to find her a home. She is one and a half years old, and her breed is mostly unknown. I can tell there is a little bit of pitbull in her, but other than that we don't know.
   Laney is one of the strangest dog's that I've ever met. She must have been abused when she was young, because she is afraid of everyone. She is mostly afraid of men, but most of the time she just barks at everyone, even me. Me and Laney play games and she gets feisty, and looks like she'll bite me, but never has. If her teeth are out and she lunges, it always changes to a lick right before she reaches my hand. Sometimes she growls, and opens her mouth, and it makes a very funny noise. She jumps around a lot, and runs around my house. Laney likes eating food from people's plates and bags while they leave the room. 
   Laney is black and white, kind of like the dog from The Little Rascals. Her ears and the sides of her head are black, and her muzzle is white. She has a little bit of brown mixed in on her back and head. She has a black nose and dark brown eyes. 
   I don't really know how I feel about Laney, but she doesn't lack in entertainment value.

2 comments:

  1. 'I don't really know how I feel about Laney, but she doesn't lack in entertainment value.' It would be more compelling if you discussed the essential dilemma of being a pet owner committed to owning a dog which has so many existential problems. I have two cats I am not fond of, for instance, and I am not happy with the fact that I have to own them until they die. I secretly, guiltily wish they would be eaten by coyotes. I also feel like I will be punished for having these thoughts by having one of my much-loved cats eaten. So, these sorts of quandaries make for more interesting commentary.

    By the way, for a relatively small amount of money, you can get a genetic testing kit for your dog at pet stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttt right..........................................................................................................................

    ReplyDelete